Available the week of July 4th (7-2-06 thru 7-9-06). Beautiful two bedroom condominium that sleeps 6 with 2 bathrooms, a full kitchen, and a balcony.
Lake Winnipesaukee-with nearly 200 miles of shoreline-is just a half-mile from your door. Waterskiing, boating, swimming, and sailing are only a few ways to enjoy the lake. Fish, stroll along the beach, or picnic on the shore. The Mount Washington, a replica of an 1872 steamboat, runs daily and offers great views of the lake and nearby resions. At the resort, you'll find three lighted tennis courts and an outdoor pool. An 18-hole golf course awaits you only seven miles away.
Features and Amenities
Outdoor Pool, Tennis, barbecue grills
Boating, Car Rental (6 miles, Fishing, Golf (7 miles), Grocery Store, (5 miles), Hairdresser (4 miles), Health Club (5 miles), Horseback Riding (20 miles), Lake (< 0.5 miles), Laundry Room (5 miles), Live Entertainment (0.5 miles), Medical Facilities (5 miles), Racquetball (5 miles), Restaurant (0.5 miles), Shopping Area (4 miles), Ski School (10 miles), Water Skiing (nearby)
Whirlpool/Hot Tub (5 miles)
Ten reasons for choosing Weirs Beach for vacation
1. Weirs Beach is the closest, most conveniently located access point to Lake Winnipesaukee from the South and West. It is especially easy to get to for visitors coming from airports in Manchester, NH (1 hour) or Boston, MA (2 hours).
2. The wide, sandy beach has a breathtaking view. Its attached park is beautifully landscaped, with picnic areas, a play area, the historical Endicott Rock monument, and a jetty from which to watch an endless parade of boats.
3. Take a stroll down the real wooden boardwalk, which runs the whole length of Weirs Beach, while taking in the scenic view of Weirs Bay, Stonedam Island, the Ossipee mountains, the Sandwich range, and stunning Mt. Chocorua.
4. There are a multitude of attractions and things to do in Weirs Beach: arcades, boat cruises, railroad rides, waterslides, miniature golf, go-carts, laser tag, and a drive-in movie theatre?all within walking distance of the boardwalk. Too much excitement? Then go shopping?for gifts, candles, jewelry, and antiques.
5. Take advantage of many of the FREE activities. Watch spectacular fireworks over Weirs Beach while hundreds of boats light up the bay below! Listen outdoors, on a delightful summer's eve, to barbershoppers, rock bands, or a jazz quartet. Square dance on the boardwalk. Attend one of the many special events: the Winnipesaukee fishing derby; Motorcycle week; a Classic Car Show; Arts and crafts shows; the Winnipesaukee relay race; Track car weekend; and other events.
6. Whether for breakfast, lunch, or dinner, there are a wide variety of places to eat in Weirs Beach?snack bars, diners, and fine restaurants? spanning the globe with traditional American, Italian, Mexican, and Chinese cuisine. Some are nightclubs, and feature after-hours entertainment, ranging from rock to blues.
7. There is now PLENTY of convenient parking. The parking lot at the public beach, completely repaved and relandscaped in 2003, is lighted up with classic Victorian lamposts for safe and secure nighttime parking. Or try the
convenient Beachview parking lot, directly across Lakeside Avenue from the beach.
8. Weirs Beach's attractiveness has been enhanced recently by improvements to its friendly, family-oriented atmosphere. These include newly paved roads, improved sidewalks, stylish fencing, flower planters, clearer signage, and other improvements.
9. Weirs Beach has an interesting history which can be explored by visitors:
? Indian habitation for thousands of years
? Early discovery and colonization in the 1600's
? Development as a tourist resort in the 1800's
? Picturesque 1900-era Victorian buildings
10. Other recreational opportunities in the area abound, including hiking, biking, boating, fishing, horseback riding, golfing, etc.